Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Powerful Expression of the Beauty of Nature (to the Eyes and Ears)




In The Land Of The Northern Lights from Ole Christian Salomonsen on Vimeo.



Ok folks, this is it. Here is my first video project.

It is a timelapse video of the Northern Lights. All sequences are shot in or close to Tromsø in Northern Norway.

I have spent over 6months collecting footage for this, I have shot approx 50.000 stills to choose from in making this video. A goal for me has been to try to preserve the real-time speed of the northern lights, or come as close as possible, and present it way I experienced it, instead of the northern lights just flashing over the sky in the blink of an eye. It may work on other time-lapse videos with skies and sunsets etc, but with the northern lights in focus, it should be presented in it's true speed to reflect her beauty, imo.

I got a fantastic soundtrack made for the video by local musical talent in Tromsø; Per Wollen. A Huge thanks goes to you Per obviously! The audio track "Aurora in the sky" can be found on iTunes.
 



READ FULL STORY HERE

No comments: