Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lightening Up: Are you in the mood ... for some trend-setting? (Mathbabe)

The douche burger, and putting a ruler to the dick.

I have been pretty hardcore and serious for a few weeks, and today I want to lighten it up for a change.
Douchery
First, I want everyone to read this article about a New York City food truck that sells douche burgers. From the article:
For just $666 you can purchase a foie gras-stuffed Kobe patty covered in Gruyere cheese that’s been melted with champagne steam and topped with lobster, truffles, caviar, and a BBQ sauce made with Kopi Luwak coffee beans that have been pooped out by some sort of animal called the Asian palm civet. The whole thing is then served in a gold-leaf wrapper.

Putting a ruler to the dick
Here’s how it works in context:
guy A: “So do you think you’ll invest in those guys? They seemed really excited about that new technique they’ve developed!”
guy B: “I don’t know. They talked a big game, but until I can put a ruler to the dick I’m not putting my money there.”

No comments: